THE GRIDLOCKSMITH

THE GRIDLOCKSMITH, traffic safety activist, "Roads Scholar," former "Road Warrior" who lost a brother (aged,15) on the road in 1969, has compiled many observations and ideas about traffic safety after 3 decades of driving for a living. "Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution? Set a safe example in traffic." You, too, can be a gridlocksmith. "Road-Peace is a step toward World Peace." - Earl Shoop

My Photo
Name:
Location: Silver Spring, MARYLAND, United States

Looking for what's logical, efficient, kind and fun... Traffic safety became a personal issue when my youngest brother died on the highway. I observed traffic unsafety while driving for a living(30yrs). Spread the word about "Road-Peace" as a step on the road to World Peace. Since those wise and gentle enough to create World Peace will not treat each other as we now do, in traffic, the road is a good place to focus our efforts. see www.road-peace.com www.gridlocksmith.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A MOVING EXPERIENCE!

Indeed. After 17 years in a house that we thought was to be my wife's inheritance, we faced the daunting tasks of sorting and jettisoning years worth of packratism, finding an affordable place and getting everything out by Halloween. A tricky treat, indeed.

The Holidays seem to have passed in a blur. I don't even remember how many cards got sent out. After getting one from a cousin, I sent her one.

Setting up the new home has been a long process. As we near the ides of March, a lot of stuff remains in boxes and the office is still in chaos.

In January, I undertook 2 weeks of training to drive for Metro Access. I was excited, and, although the hours were long, (We were told to show up one Saturday morning at four.) I think the training, provided by MV TRANSIT, went well. I was hired by Metro Health-Tech, a subcontractor, but it didn't take long to figure out that the long hours were taking quite a toll on my bum knee and 63 year old body. They have assured me that I can soon be driving a shorter day with a sedan. My knee will be so grateful! And, while on this short sabbatical...

Hopefully, the GRIDLOCKSMITH store can open soon. Nothing to worry about; all the designs are safely stashed in my ...head. The old iMac has both system X, (compatible with the Lexmark scanner/copier/printer and the DSL connection) and system 9 (where AppleWorks resides). You can see that there are some hurdles to negotiate... as McCauley Culkin said, "woof!"

There are lots of serious things to write about, (like Metro Bus drivers killing pedestrians and running into each other) so I will close this short post with the sincere wish that the last half year has not been so hectic for you.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I am still a big fan of The Darwin Awards,
because they make me laugh,
(woo-hoo)
and partly because it teaches me
about stuff I should not do
.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Here is the (revised) first post of this humble blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home